Thursday, February 14, 2008

w4 reflection

My wiki:
http://yufenwu.wetpaint.com/
I like the way wiki providing for organization.

I am glad to find out that wiki can be used as a presentation tool. That will be very convention. The only thing I hope is that when I am back to Taiwan, there is an access to internet (and a computer will be much better) in every classroom in my school. I really want to apply what I have learned here and to inspire my students with new instructional technology and skills.

And also, I am interestied in podcasting. I am thinking the way to implement it in language learning courses. The first idea jumping out of my mind is recording students' speaking practices. I believe there are more instructional implements. Again, I am concerned about the facility and technology issue; people in Taiwan use PC (90% up) and the softwares I learn here are mac's mostly. I need more information about the PC softwares. HA!

3 comments:

Marcus P. said...

Sounds like you got the Web 2.0 bug! I figured out that you can start a discussion thread on my wiki to leave a comment on the page. The link is buried underneath the advertisements in the 'main body' of the page.

Greg Stein said...

Yu-Fen,

I like yourself would like to use this with my students. I think they would get a lot out of it. There are so many possibilities. I have to say that I am a bit dismayed that my wikibook has not been working as it should. Hopefully, you will have more success.

Greg

Joshua said...

I wouldn't worry too much about using Macs here and not at home. I would view the platform as I would an any application: one way to do something that can be done many ways. Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts and RSS are all OS independent: if you know what they do, you'll be fine. Most of the work is done within the browser anyways, so you could be in Firefox on a Mac, or Internet Explorer on a Windows machine.